The use of copper by mankind dates back to 10,000 years ago. A copper pendant discovered in northern Iraq dates back to 8700 B.C. For nearly five millennia copper was the only metal known to man, and thus had all the metal applications.
Copper has some interesting properties which make it one of the most useful and versatile metal mankind has ever discovered. Following are some of its arresting facts that are worth knowing to really appreciate the metal:
- Ductility: is when a solid material stretches under tensile strain. If ductile, a material may be stretched into a wire. Copper is highly ductile by nature.
- Hardness & Strength: Copper is one of the most durable metal. For testimony, you have an example of the Statue of Liberty which is built of copper. Also, the copper, brass & bronze artifacts found from the wreckage of the largest ship ever built the RMS Titanic is a testimony to the life of the metal.
- Electrical properties: Copper, is indispensable for dynamos and electric motors & conducts electricity ten times more efficiently than any other metal.
- Corrosion Resistant: Copper resists corrosion more than aluminum or iron.
- 100% recyclable: Copper can be 100% recycled which makes it a perfect green material. Almost 1 trillion pounds of copper have been mined since the dawn of human history, and most of it is still in circulation thanks to copper’s recycling rate.
copper has immense health benefits which is why we are making copper bathtubs, copper sinks, copper kitchen sinks, and other copper handicraft items. The idea is to get these copper products widespread in the modern lifestyle so that our customers can reap the health benefits these products offer and live a healthier and better life.
We make copper bathtubs, copper sinks, copper & copper kitchen sinks which finds widespread usage in hotels & spas for the very reason that these products can be used by different people without worrying about contracting infectious diseases.
Below are some interesting facts you must know about copper. These will make you contemplate about owing your next bathtub, kitchen sink, or bathroom sink in copper :
- Effective in preventing the growth of coronavirus: The researches being conducted globally that copper is really effective in preventing the growth of coronavirus as copper is antimicrobial and antibacterial in nature. Read more on this in our blog post at this link.
- Essential Trace Mineral: Copper is an essential trace mineral that is vital to human health. It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic, and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps neutralize toxins.
- Healing your body in a Copper Bathtub: Copper is a naturally occurring mineral whose healing properties have been in use since the ancient civilizations. We recommend keeping your bathtubs filled with water for 4 to 5 hours before you take a soak in the tub. Allow your body to completely soak in a tub and let your body heal and repair the damaged cells.
- Boosts skin health & melanin production: Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of your eyes, hair, and skin) in our bodies. Apart from that Copper also aids in the production of new cells that help replenish the topmost layers of your skin leaving you with smooth and supple skin.
- Slows down aging: Packed with strong anti-oxidant & cell regeneration properties, copper fights off free radicals, one of the main reasons for the formation of wrinkles. So ladies make sure you spend enough time in your copper bathtubs.
- Protects from infections: Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metal on bacteria) and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against E. coli & S. aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause several illnesses in the human body.
- Ayurveda Recommendation: Ayurveda recommends drinking copper-enriched water first thing in the morning on empty stomach. This helps to balance all three doshas (Kapha, Vata, and Pitta).
Truly copper is a gift from nature to humankind. We must embrace this gift of nature in the form of usable products like copper bathtubs, copper sinks, and copper kitchen sinks.