Rectangular Hammered Copper Sink
Rectangular Hammered Copper Sink is a single wall rounded corner copper under-mount sink. If you are looking for an under-mount copper sink your search ends here. Rectangular hammered copper sink would be a perfect piece for your need.
- Solid copper construction.
- Hammered interior.
- Made of 16 gauge copper.
- Hand waxed for easy maintenance.
- Finishes will patina with time and normal use.
- Available in Hammered Light, Dark Antique finish.
- 1-1/2″ drain size.
- 17″ L x 14″ W x 6″ Deep.
- Copper sinks are highly durable and long lasting when they are cared for properly. Copper sinks are made with a heavier material than stainless steel sinks are, making them more durable. Porcelain sinks are also much more fragile. The durability of the sinks also helps them maintain their value over time; there is a market for antique copper sinks because they develop a distinct look as the patina ages. This proves that the sinks can last in the long haul and will not decrease in value, as buyers may even seek out the vintage or antique look.
Care & Maintenance
Naturally, copper metal is corrosion resistant . Use a mild detergent or mild soap and a soft microfiber cloth only for the cleaning of your sink.
You can make another natural cleaner by mixing lemon juice (or vinegar) and baking soda into a sudsy mixture. Apply to the copper and buff with a soft cloth. Rinse with water and dry. These mixtures work because the acid in the vinegar or lemon juice strips the oxidized patina from the copper and the salt acts as a mild abrasive to remove the grime. You can also use lime juice instead of lemon.
Once your copper is shiny again, keep it cleaner, longer, by wiping a thin layer of mineral or linseed oil on it. Knowing how to clean copper, how to clean a copper sink and how to clean copper-bottom pans will keep these items beautiful.